Sunday, October 9, 2011

Presentation Project


Here is the link to my presentation: http://www.screencast.com/t/vlpXXo1S8W2F
          I definitely think there was a logical flow to my presentation. I started my presentation by using stats on obesity then proceeded started with what The YMCA is as a whole, followed by what a single YMCA programs does, then finishing the presentation by address potential concerns people may have by the YMCA.  If I would have had more time I would like to have dealt with the membership costs of joining the YMCA.  I think I did a good job of answering any questions that an audience member might have, but one thing that I would have address was the amount of time is required to volunteer at the YMCA.  The start of my presentation did a good job of grabbing the audience’s attention by introducing the problems with childhood obesity.
            I set up my presentation to answer questions that I would have asked if I was in the audience.  I believe that my presentation was concise and that it’s clear that I want the audience to support the YMCA either financially or by volunteering. Every claim that I made is backed up by research on the YMCA and is documented is my source page. From what I could make of my presentation I did not make any unbelievable claims, I might have misspoken once but that was about it. There is no clutter as far as my slides are concerned; I tried to make the slides look good, but not complicated. I decided to incorporate the photos into the background of the slides and use a white font to make sure the words are clear. I tried to say it then show it and I absolutely did not read from the slides.
            For my peer reviews I did Justin Contreras' presentation on how we depend too much on technology. He did a good job of using video to back up his point on our reliance on technology. If I could have used a video without violating copyright I would have, but I could not get a video without doing so. He did a really great job of telling me his point rather than me reading his point on the slides.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment